Saturday 6 July 2013

Weekend Wanderings: Suffolk

OK, before I start the blog can we just take a moment to look at that amazing alliteration in the title that took me 5 minutes to come up with....brilliant. (Of course I'm joking guys)

Urg......look at that sky :(
As the title suggests my wanderings took me to Suffolk, Thorpeness to be precise. My dad's friend was having a party and I got dragged along although it wasn't too bad. We stayed in a little hotel. The nearest town was Alderberg (about five minutes drive away) so while the boys played golf my mum and I went there for a bit. It was beautiful, the cottages were all multi coloured and were really small and cute. Perfect for a shortie like me. We also walked on the beach for a while and found this interesting statue/monument thing. (It was really windy)

 
 
Once back at the hotel we looked around the grounds as we still had time before the party started. They had a lake/river with swans which was beautiful and different as you don't usually see that. Also we found some old boats (presumeably used to go on the lake which is pretty cool).



The party was lots of fun, the adults got very drunk which is always entertaining. The house was amazing, it's in a field and the hosts built a house on it so its in the middle of nowhere, the scenery was stunning. Only downside was there was no one my age, it's so annoying, I'm stuck in the middle, too young to be an adult yet too old to play with the kids that were there (they were about 2-7), such a hardship being 16 (I'm joking).

Although I originally I did not want to go, I'm glad I did as I had a lovely time and went somewhere new as I'd never been to suffolk before.

Happy Travels everyone, until next time

Love Livvie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment